Did you know our perceptions of others are based mainly on non-verbal or visual behaviors? In fact, some studies indicate approximately 55% of face-to-face communication is conveyed via body language. Appropriate non-verbal communication can help you better connect with patients, which in turn may boost case acceptance and increase your potential for good word-of-mouth (and referrals).
In today’s dynamic marketing landscape, the easiest way to increase your bottom line is to grow referrals and motivate patients to follow through with treatment. Here are a few body language tips to keep in mind:
- Make eye contact with the patient when they are speaking.
- Keep a friendly and approachable body posture.
- Don’t cross your arms—it may indicate a defensive mood.
- Watch your demeanor—avoid unpleasant or stressed expressions.
- Smile when appropriate and nod to show encouragement.
"What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Rita Zamora is a relationship-focused dental marketer, specializing in referral marketing, patient relations, case acceptance and social media for general and specialty practices. Rita developed her referral marketing expertise working hands-on in specialty and general dentistry practices.