Articulating Paper

Articulating paper is one of the dental supplies used after restoration is placed. It is used to mark a patient's occlusion or bite. Dental articulating paper is used to ensure that the restoration is not hitting high. If a restoration is hitting incorrectly, the tooth may become sensitive or break. Articulating paper is coated with ink. Red, blue, or green ink is commonly used. The ink will adhere to the contact areas of the teeth. The marks are more accurate when used on dry teeth. Dental articulating paper thickness is measured in microns. It is sold in rolls or packs.

Crosstex International is a manufacturer of articulating paper.